Looks like The Chip Room has an upcoming sale....

• Thread starter Thread starter KingZilla
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 124
  • Views Views: Views 2,960
Lest we not forget poor Jim's "Vendor Fee" he has to cover that........ Well maybe not since we're here, Jim may have some bargaining power as regardless of what anyone thinks people go where the chips are. If it was me I'd remind Tommy that it was me doing him the favor by selling at PCF and maybe even charge him.. :LOL:🤣😂 Would I love to have his sale here?? Yes I would. But I've not asked nor will I. My guess is that very few if any would refuse to come to Chipper out of loyalty to PCF when chips are involved. Jim's sales are different than the usual Member sales. It'll be interesting to see the outcomes now that the general public is nixed out of the sales being proprietary to PCF. Maybe no difference at all. In the past even though I'm not a member I could still participate in his sales and buy chips if I wanted them. I'm actually so good on chips at this stage of the hobby for me it doesn't matter. But I guess the only folks nixed are the few of us banned folks. NBD here.
I’d be shocked if Jim didn’t have a special vendor deal with PCF, but I don’t even know how that fee works - is it a percentage of sales or a flat monthly fee or what?

I’m surprised to hear you can’t participate because it was my understanding that he emailed his sales out to his email list, including non-pcf members. As a banned guy, couldn’t you just go to PCF without logging in, then go to the sale and buy?

I’d be shocked if Jim didn’t have a special vendor deal with PCF, but I don’t even know how that fee works - is it a percentage of sales or a flat monthly fee or what?

I’m surprised to hear you can’t participate because it was my understanding that he emailed his sales out to his email list, including non-pcf members. As a banned guy, couldn’t you just go to PCF without logging in, then go to the sale and buy?
Not on auctions.... But regular sales anyone could buy no need to log in. Don't mistake my statements for anything other than observations. I don't care what Jim's deal is at PCF, it's his deal to have. All I'm saying is that his options would be 100% free on chipper as I don't bend anyone over to sell stuff, and while we have many fewer members I believe that his sale would not suffer as he has the followers just as strong as PCF does so he'd be fine wherever he went with only a negligible few if any that would forego his sale if he started his own site or went to any other site. Again, just an observation, He's happy there with whatever deal he has worked out and he's comfortable, that's what's important for him .

I guess the interesting question could be, does Jim need PCF or does PCF need Jim? The latter IMO is more true while the aforementioned is questionable.

Last edited:
@DuckPlug BTKP?? Where's the meme?>????

Everyone knows who to thank.... :p:D🤣😂
Real life is making it tough to keep up with things at the moment. :unsure: Just counting down the days till drinks and cigars poolside at Four Season’s in 3 weeks. :cool:
IMG_4752.jpeg
70840343755__C2426DB0-EC97-4B23-AC24-E2D41D1086C9.jpeg

Honestly though,
I can’t blame Jim one bit for running his latest sale the way he’s doing so. At the end of the day, it’s still better than
IMG_3710.jpeg

:p
Enjoy the auctions, see you in Vegas!

As far as his pricing goes, I'd have to say for sure he was going up after seeing what people will pay for tiger chips and chips in general. I notice there has already been comments as to the muted colors of the chips Jim's offering which leads me to believe that all the bright colors are important to a lot of people more than I would have thought. Again Just observations

Not on auctions.... But regular sales anyone could buy no need to log in. Don't mistake my statements for anything other than observations. I don't care what Jim's deal is at PCF, it's his deal to have. All I'm saying is that his options would be 100% free on chipper as I don't bend anyone over to sell stuff, and while we have many fewer members I believe that his sale would not suffer as he has the followers just as strong as PCF does so he'd be fine wherever he went with only a negligible few if any that would forego his sale if he started his own site or went to any other site. Again, just an observation, He's happy there with whatever deal he has worked out and he's comfortable, that's what's important for him .

I guess the interesting question could be, does Jim need PCF or does PCF need Jim? The latter IMO is more true while the aforementioned is questionable.
Oh right, auctions! I forgot about that. I have a lot of complaints about PCF auctions, but that’s another story.

which leads me to believe that all the bright colors are important to a lot of people more than I would have thought
I think that’s the biggest appeal of the Tigers and other recent NAGBs. They’re not for me, but just looking at the on the computer screen, I thought they were. I thought I loved all the bright day-glo colors. But then I had a chance to play with a bright dayglo set like that at somebody else’s game, and I found them mildly unpleasant. It’s another part of chipping that’s always overlooked in the BUY CHIPS NOW culture, but you don’t really know if you like chips until you actually play with them. And I’ve found it a bit overwhelming when every chip is an obnoxious neon. It’s like a sensory overload or something. To each his own, and I’m definitely a grumpy old man, but they’re not for me.

Oh right, auctions! I forgot about that. I have a lot of complaints about PCF auctions, but that’s another story.

I think that’s the biggest appeal of the Tigers and other recent NAGBs. They’re not for me, but just looking at the on the computer screen, I thought they were. I thought I loved all the bright day-glo colors. But then I had a chance to play with a bright dayglo set like that at somebody else’s game, and I found them mildly unpleasant. It’s another part of chipping that’s always overlooked in the BUY CHIPS NOW culture, but you don’t really know if you like chips until you actually play with them. And I’ve found it a bit overwhelming when every chip is an obnoxious neon. It’s like a sensory overload or something. To each his own, and I’m definitely a grumpy old man, but they’re not for me.
Yes grumpy. Auctions. I’m glad KK was such an inspiration.

What makes you think PCF needs Jim?

@upNdown is spot on in his assessment. I e said it for YEARS and YEARS, but only get railed on. People view Jim like he’s some kind of God. I have had ZERO bad dealings with him, and I’m sure he’s a great guy, but all this nonsense about him bringing chips to the community at fair prices is total BS. The guy is an astute businessman. And a damn good one at that. So good, he has numerous people thinking he’s doing it for them. I’ve got some oceanfront property available, by the way.

As for the chips goi g to the landfill…absolute rubbish. There’s plenty of others in the game that would grab them. I think it’s pretty well known Jim has the contacts and, once again, great business sense to make it happen. Anyone that thinks it’s for anything other than making big bucks is a moro…extremely naive.

I should take back all the KK stuff. I guess it’s not his fault at all. It’s the “community” who paid and did it to themselves. And on and on it goes. We as the buyers continue to set the price.

Back