Looks like The Chip Room has an upcoming sale....

• Thread starter Thread starter KingZilla
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 124
  • Views Views: Views 2,960
Given the huge amount of logistical and legal work / costs involved with what he does, I'd say Jim is a hugely important member of the community. Let's face it: without him, so many great chips would just end up as landfill — not within the hobby.

Given the huge amount of logistical and legal work / costs involved with what he does, I'd say Jim is a hugely important member of the community. Let's face it: without him, so many great chips would just end up as landfill — not within the hobby.
Can't we just complain in peace :)

There certainly is value in bringing the chips to the forum as you note, but it seems like the early TCR sales created a halo effect around Jim, not only was he bringing great chips to the forum, but sales were also done in a manner that left meat on the bone as the sale prices were very fair while allowing him to make a tidy profit. Now TCR sales essentially are capitalism at its finest, which is fine, he's still bringing great chips to the forum that otherwise would not be available, but the halo effect now needs to be retired as it's now just a standard vendor maximizing profits scenario.

There's a special place in chipping hell for people that use NCV / tournament chips for cash games...
Homer Simpson Wow GIF by Justin

This is fair, except maybe the landfill part. Because I’m pretty sure he’s not the only one doing it. Whether he’s just the quickest or the highest bidder or whether he simply has one great connection, I don’t know. But I bet if he retired today, he’d be replaced.

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture.PNG

Glad my friend got them, but all the subsequent sales that had THCs, IHCs, or other coveted/valuable chips had auctions. Jim saw way too much money left on the table and like any reasonable vendor/seller that wants money altered accordingly. I know no one really faults him despite it still being disappointing in general. Just wanted to double-check my timeline; think it all checks out.

View attachment 8515
View attachment 8516
View attachment 8518
View attachment 8517

Glad my friend got them, but all the subsequent sales that had THCs, IHCs, or other coveted/valuable chips had auctions. Jim saw way too much money left on the table and like any reasonable vendor/seller that wants money altered accordingly. I know no one really faults him despite it still being disappointing in general. Just wanted to double-check my timeline; think it all checks out.
^^ this. It was almost inevitable.

It’s almost foolish not to - lol.

Lest we not forget poor Jim's "Vendor Fee" he has to cover that........ Well maybe not since we're here, Jim may have some bargaining power as regardless of what anyone thinks people go where the chips are. If it was me I'd remind Tommy that it was me doing him the favor by selling at PCF and maybe even charge him.. :LOL:🤣😂 Would I love to have his sale here?? Yes I would. But I've not asked nor will I. My guess is that very few if any would refuse to come to Chipper out of loyalty to PCF when chips are involved. Jim's sales are different than the usual Member sales. It'll be interesting to see the outcomes now that the general public is nixed out of the sales being proprietary to PCF. Maybe no difference at all. In the past even though I'm not a member I could still participate in his sales and buy chips if I wanted them. I'm actually so good on chips at this stage of the hobby for me it doesn't matter. But I guess the only folks nixed are the few of us banned folks. NBD here.

Back