Ordering in Progress JUNE 2024 CAP DASH ORDERING THREAD Details Inside

• Thread starter Thread starter The Chip Spa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 249
  • Views Views: Views 3,015
Ordering in Progress
So all things being considered, when would you predict we might see our orders hitting our doorstep?

She is saying air freight is high right now and trying to talk me into "Fast Boat" but I should have that shipping info in the next day or so.

I don't know if Tina or her label supplier changed their matte vinyl, but the most recent 43mm Web mold chips I got have a different matte vinyl than my cap-dash chips (and every other cap-dash samples I have).
I find the earlier ones on cap-dash to be superior, almost "silvery" and colors print bright. The newer chips are a white base and the ink prints darker or more saturated. I am unsure if the difference is simply it being a different mold, or they changed the matte vinyl they use on all the chips in the last few months.

The photos I have taken show the difference a bit, but they are much more different to the eye.
The matte vinyl web mold (about 2 months old) on the left, and the matte cap-dash (from the last buy) on the right:
IMG_5896.jpeg

The denom on the web mold is even darker in person, and I would’ve changed the art had I known it would print that dark.

Again, I’m not sure if it is different because they changed vinyl altogether, or they just use a different vinyl on the cap-dash.

Last edited:
I don't know if Tina or her label supplier changed their matte vinyl, but the most recent 43mm Web mold chips I got have a different matte vinyl than my cap-dash chips (and every other cap-dash samples I have).
I find the earlier ones on cap-dash to be superior, almost "silvery" and colors print bright. The newer chips are a white base and the ink prints darker or more saturated. I am unsure if the difference is simply it being a different mold, or they changed the matte vinyl they use on all the chips in the last few months.

The photos I have taken show the difference a bit, but they are much more different to the eye.
The matte vinyl web mold (about 2 months old) on the left, and the matte cap-dash (from the last buy) on the right:
View attachment 11397
The denom on the web mold is even darker in person, and I would’ve changed the art had I known it would print that dark.

Again, I’m not sure if it is different because they changed vinyl altogether, or they just use a different vinyl on the cap-dash.
:unsure: be curious to see how my Pioneer Clubs turn out.

What really threw me for a loop was when she said they can do clay chips! And a mold was $4000
WAIT JUST ONE DERN MINUTE! We can't let this pass without some elaboration and details. What does she mean "Clay" chips? I would assume she means the typical "china clay" as seen on the recent Phoenix Cardroom chips. Or, does she mean compression molded clay?
Before I get too excited.... More information, please?
As far as mold cost, for example, if we ordered 16k chips, that only adds .25 to the price of each chip to pay for the mold.

Last edited:
WAIT JUST ONE DERN MINUTE! We can't let this pass without some elaboration and details. What does she mean "Clay" chips? I would assume she means the typical "china clay" as seen on the recent Phoenix Cardroom chips. Or, does she mean compression molded clay?
Before I get too excited.... More information, please?
As far as mold cost, for example, if we ordered 16k chips, that only adds .25 to the price of each chip to pay for the mold.
Xactly... I think like the phoenix chips so don't get to excited!!

Waiting on the final invoice after adding some last minute additions.

I am closing the orders now as we are in production already. Tina says air freight has risen but as I see its not by that much. She has also given us a great break on art and design fees so our per chip rate with those increases may only see a cent or 2 in rise but I believe were covered at the .48 Cents, we shall see.

Thanks for all your patience!! Another large order in the books!

View attachment 11397

I will forward this concern on to Tina as it seems a valid concern!!!!!

Back