Tigers

• Thread starter Thread starter DMack
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 300
  • Views Views: Views 4,245
@LouBdub if I can swing AL you'll be choosing the set that's in tow šŸ˜˜.
Spread Em Johnny Walker GIF by UFC

If one is in to loud chips, no problem. If one feels elite paying inflated prices, no problem. if one likes old school, no problem. If one profits, no problem.

deception, problem
false statements, problem
hidden agendas, problem
using folks, problem
bullying, problem
ego trips, problem
Manipulating folks, problem

and so on....

This isn't directed at any individual just in general.

The later list I've noticed are usually entangled within IAGB's, just look back at the threads and you'll see some or all of the above.

Chips are great, all chips, People suck sometimes. real life.

Gas is too much.....fuck
Milk is too much..... fuck
home repair, too much ....fuck

Oh look at those chips FUCK

I played poker against Ken at Irish's meet up this month. I told him straight up that I don't begrudge him one bit for being a business man making a profit and I popped knuckles with him. I don't know all the particulars about any deceptions that others feel occurred. All I know is that someone risked a massive amount of money in hopes of making a massive profit. Since this happened prior to me joining PCF I don't have any anger or feelings of betrayal like many do. Ken is a nice, friendly & generous man who has actually risen above all the accusations against him. I know there will be countless arguments against my opinion but again, I came late to the party. I don't know how I'd feel if I were a decade long chipper that might feel duped or slighted by the Tiger mania. I just know that I like Ken and I hope to fight for pots against him for many years to come.

I played poker against Ken at Irish's meet up this month. I told him straight up that I don't begrudge him one bit for being a business man making a profit and I popped knuckles with him. I don't know all the particulars about any deceptions that others feel occurred. All I know is that someone risked a massive amount of money in hopes of making a massive profit. Since this happened prior to me joining PCF I don't have any anger or feelings of betrayal like many do. Ken is a nice, friendly & generous man who has actually risen above all the accusations against him. I know there will be countless arguments against my opinion but again, I came late to the party. I don't know how I'd feel if I were a decade long chipper that might feel duped or slighted by the Tiger mania. I just know that I like Ken and I hope to fight for pots against him for many years to come.
I agree with you completelyā€¦well, almost. I think Ken is great. One of the most standup guys Iā€™ve dealt with, actually. But he didnā€™t ā€œriskā€ anything. He had the best designer there is do the work on brand new, mint Paulsons. There was exactly ZERO chance he wasnā€™t going to profit hugely. And good for him, he was able to pull it off.

Again, don't misconstrue my earlier post as directed at ken. It was a general post regarding people not just in this hobby. Everyone's interactions with someone is different, you know the first impression thing. When simple questions are asked and a bad attitude is the result complete with being told you're butt hurt because you didn't get picked to buy some chips?? Anyone can buy tiger chips, RPC chips star chips as they are sitting in the classifieds all the time. I'm glad your experience with him is good, and I don't hold anything against anyone who thinks saint ken of the chips is so wonderful. My brief exposure to him set off my asshole alarm, I'm sure there's plenty of folks who feel the same about me and that's cool.

All you'd have to do is look at some of the comments in my past sales at the other place and see why I don't feel all the love. I was in a similar place with the profits police when I found a couple hoards and was selling them. My issue isn't with profits, or with chips its the interactions. Some public some not. The tiger subject is getting old. If you like IAGB's buy them at this point everyone knows that he bought some chips at 2 or 3 dollars as @BGinGA began to point out before he was silent, but it's a bit hypocritical to spite profit on historical chips that are actually rare and pay gladly for some common fantasy chips shrouded in silence exalting one and admonishing the other.

I guess the situation gets sillier each time there's an IAGB and it becomes a bit less believable to hear how hard it is to get the chips done when there is a buy so frequently. A simple question of how many exist shouldn't make one feel so uncomfortable, after all when buying real chips its the first thing we all look at isn't it? How common is the item we're buying. I'm not the crusader of the anti ken movement (if there is even such a thing). Chips are chips and all this drama ensues with every IAGB deal that happens, that's why I believe there's not an IAGB every month. This one is just the latest and all you have to do is go back and read the threads behind each one. Seeing in the past all the bitching and berating people get for flipping chips, these IAGB's baffle the senses! "Wait! you want $6 a chip for those?? You paid $2"?? Classic.

Ken pricing is the funniest remark ever, like its a deal, Star pricing, BTP pricing, etc. etc. Funny you don't see anyone defending LemonZest for being the same chip saint as others. They're nice chips, they're not leaded classics and I don't get how they're the same price or even more but pay what you want for your chips. My opinion of a seller is based on my interactions with that seller, not on what they're selling.

It makes you wonder, if someone receives an order from Angel and sells off a couple hundred thousand chips at $4 will they be hated for "crashing the market"? or how was it initially said in a sale of some IAGB's, "I'm going to reset the market". Yea, that didn't happen.

All you'd have to do is look at some of the comments in my past sales at the other place and see why I don't feel all the love. I was in a similar place with the profits police when I found a couple hoards and was selling them.
It's why it's hard to take that contingent all that seriously. So long as people aren't scamming or pulling shady shit (definition understandably variable) people just let things go as they will. Your sales/finds/buys were always fine, even knowing a bit behind the scenes when we texted on that Crystal Park stuff, if I remember correctly. Didn't stop people from trying to purposefully tear you whenever they got a chance. Best example was a clown pretending "I don't know the seller" after calling you out in the past. Loved the reaction to that one though when it happened.
Capture1.PNG
Capture.PNG

It's why it's hard to take that contingent all that seriously. So long as people aren't scamming or pulling shady shit (definition understandably variable) people just let things go as they will. Your sales/finds/buys were always fine, even knowing a bit behind the scenes when we texted on that Crystal Park stuff, if I remember correctly. Didn't stop people from trying to purposefully tear you whenever they got a chance. Best example was a clown pretending "I don't know the seller" after calling you out in the past. Loved the reaction to that one though when it happened.
I remember that one!! Krish was a whole different situation, I think with everyone. My take on that was everyone rang him up like an ATM and suddenly when they realized that they had gone to the cow so many times the milk had run dry. Not to mention that all the classic chips ended up in his hands in quantity. Everyone oogled over him and pandered then and when he was done he was done with them also. Nevada Lodge Blurples were $800 a rack and now $2000 a barrel, he has racks in quantity according to his own photos. Who did that? Not Krish. That's self inflicted on the sets community.

Leaded hot pink Pick Hobson $5's in uncirculated condition, 50 year old history barely selling for 1000-1200 a rack and tiger selling for 1500??? Self inflicted.

So many examples of chip values being wonky in the sets world, that's why there's been such a divide with the singles community.

When I bought the rack of Cotton Club $5's, a Z1 chip that was selling for @2000 a chip the singles community instantly went bananas to the point of one guy saying they were now $30 that a rack surfaced. There was 2000 made from the get go in the 50's and everyone knew it. Now suddenly $30??? Right! The sell now for 500 - 800

Nevada Lodge Blurples were $800 a rack and now $2000 a barrel
Correction on this. My first 67 NL Blurples I was in for an average of $37 per chip.
I had what would have been a winning bid of $1500 in that auction and a per cost of $75 per on that barrel which I was ok with paying.

There were two serious bidders left at that point, Krish and myself. Krish graciously told me heā€™d step aside. It was after that that you had a couple douchebags jump in with no serious bids which prompted the bid to jump to $2000.

All because of a couple no set in there collection trade baiting fucks trying to be funny. The Boot was one of the douches, donā€™t remember the other.

But yeah the state of the hobby sucks because of these types. Itā€™s so nice having completed my dream sets and not having to worry about all the trash thatā€™s blown in. Literally a stick it in your neighbors ass fest. Must be the ā€œchangeā€ someone was talking about but we still havenā€™t got an answer on. :unsure:

$2000 was well worth it to secure that barrel. The set complete as it currently sits is worth $100000 Iā€™m told by several in the hobby.
There isnā€™t a GB set that holds a candle to old school unobtanium lead and everyone but the village idiots knows it.

Correction on this. My first 67 NL Blurples I was in for an average of $37 per chip.
I had what would have been a winning bid of $1500 in that auction and a per cost of $75 per on that barrel which I was ok with paying.

There were two serious bidders left at that point, Krish and myself. Krish graciously told me heā€™d step aside. It was after that that you had a couple douchebags jump in with no serious bids which prompted the bid to jump to $2000.

All because of a couple no set in there collection trade baiting fucks trying to be funny. The Boot was one of the douches, donā€™t remember the other.

But yeah the state of the hobby sucks because of these types. Itā€™s so nice having completed my dream sets and not having to worry about all the trash thatā€™s blown in. Literally a stick it in your neighbors ass fest. Must be the ā€œchangeā€ someone was talking about but we still havenā€™t got an answer on. :unsure:

$2000 was well worth it to secure that barrel. The set complete as it currently sits is worth $100000 Iā€™m told by several in the hobby.
There isnā€™t a GB set that holds a candle to old school unobtanium lead and everyone but the village idiots knows it.
Unfortunately just released yesterday in the state of Texas... from the governor's desk.
Screenshot_20240620_120850_Samsung Internet.jpg

First, I would like to apologize to @ everyone for replying to this post many, many days later. I haven't checked this forum in a while.

If you love the chips, go ahead and embrace them.
I think the chips were well designed and I like how bright and purty they look.
Oh My God Wow GIF by Film Riot

I bought many.... and later sold them all to others (at "ken pricing!").
Well, I did keep a sample set. Because they are just so dman pretty.

I used the money from selling TP and bought a leaded Harrah's New Orleans Tournament set.
And I'm much more happy with them. Even though they don't look as good. But holy shit they feel so much better.

Why let what I say upset you so much? :unsure:

I Object Video Game GIF by CAPCOM

Whoa! Damn. That's mighty ASSumptive of you.
Why would I be upset about you thinking "ways" about "things."
I'm not upset at all. I agree with you!

Iā€™m only telling people of my personal experience and thoughts.
Awesome. It's like this is a forum where we can communicate those thoughts.

If colorful less than 9 gram overpriced wafers are your thing, get on the bandwagon and talk them up.

But, I sold them and bought a set of 10 gram overpriced leaded wafers.

But I digress.

I love this discussion and enjoy reading about both sides of the nagb iagb

Last edited:
Awesome. It's like this is a forum where we can communicate those thoughts.
You wonā€™t get banned or censored here for having an opinion. We encourage it.
As long as itā€™s not a tasteless personal attack on a member, we are open to your thoughts.

That's mighty ASSumptive of you.
Not the first time and wonā€™t be the last time Iā€™ve been called ā€œASSumptive.ā€ ;)
You should be ok with saying it out loud and weā€™re happy you did. :ROFLMAO:

Welcome to Pokerchipper.

Love it!:ROFLMAO: Damn itā€™s good to be retired from this ā€œchange.ā€

Ainā€™t that right Dave?
View attachment 9153
Not sure if there are any college basketball fans here, but when I see this, all I can think about is the late, great Bill Walton calling games with his broadcast partner Dave Pasch. During their broadcasts, he would always say, ā€œyou are Dave, right?ā€

Oh, Dave, let me tell you how SHOCKED I am that you havenā€™t divulged all.

Back