On the road again.

• Thread starter Thread starter The Chip Spa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 145
  • Views Views: Views 2,984
We need a meetup picture of all the people with Starlite chips... I'm down whenever to have a giant game with them :cool:

IMG_2502.jpg

If fair equals every sale was a secret ballot with suspiciously low numbers of chips needed to make certain sets, I’m extremely confused.
To this day why some chips are just not available raises my suspicion as to motives but hey I didn’t spend $5 each to produce them so it’s all conspiracies on my part.
Trying to predict what demand would be and guess the chips everyone would want was discussed on end for several months. What’s the right number to order? It’s pretty damn difficult to predict. A bottleneck of people unable to complete sets due to unavailable denoms isn’t good for anyone including the seller so logically that conspiracy makes no sense. Ordering “suspiciously low” numbers of some denoms is a lose lose from every angle.

Hell, past nagbs were always prime murder candidates. We didn’t even expect a vast majority of the demand to be for sets like it was

I don’t know exact numbers but I’m sure frac thru 5 was loaded up on as that was my main recommendation for PCF as those are the main denoms people have home games with. People just are hoarding the fracs and 1s.

And the random draw thing - again, impossible to predict demand. There’s only so many ways to do it and every method has its own positives and negatives. I remember you suggesting to me a method that was fairly sound, but iirc even that would have holes in it for some people. Can’t please everyone no matter how hard you try.

Anyone can manufacture hate in their minds all they want, but if one decides to use critical thinking then truth is the chips were actually purposely priced a little lower than the market at the time. Sure profit was definitely a factor but max value or squeezing every penny obviously wasn’t the goal either.

Were blunders made? Definitely. I’d love to see someone pull it off flawlessly. It’s just not reasonable to expect that to happen. Especially once you are actually at the precipice and are able to see the full picture clearly.

Last edited:
Trying to predict what demand would be and guess the chips everyone would want was discussed on end for several months. What’s the right number to order? It’s pretty damn difficult to predict. A bottleneck of people unable to complete sets due to unavailable denoms isn’t good for anyone including the seller so logically that conspiracy makes no sense. Ordering “suspiciously low” numbers of some denoms is a lose lose from every angle.

Hell, past nagbs were always prime murder candidates. We didn’t even expect a vast majority of the demand to be for sets like it was

I don’t know exact numbers but I’m sure frac thru 5 was loaded up on as that was my main recommendation for PCF as those are the main denoms people have home games with. People just are hoarding the fracs and 1s.

And the random draw thing - again, impossible to predict demand. There’s only so many ways to do it and every method has its own positives and negatives. I remember you suggesting to me a method that was fairly sound, but iirc even that would have holes in it for some people. Can’t please everyone no matter how hard you try.

Anyone can manufacture hate in their minds all they want, but if one decides to use critical thinking then truth is the chips were actually purposely priced a little lower than the market at the time. Sure profit was definitely a factor but max value or squeezing every penny obviously wasn’t the goal either.

Were blunders made? Definitely. I’d love to see someone pull it off flawlessly. It’s just not reasonable to expect that to happen. Especially once you are actually at the precipice and are able to see the full picture clearly.
I’m pretty sure there was a wide berth for error in ordering knowing that no matter how many the final number was every last chip would sell and at a profit even if the last of them were at auction or “on sale” which I doubt would have been the case.

That would have for sure “corrected the market” as was stated to some, one of the reasons for the project as supposedly he was upset about the max profits garnered from the “community” from lemonhead and others who flat out raped the community. I’ll give Ken that. He was lower priced than the predecessors yet still extracted max pain on some chips. Again, I don’t care about profit so much but transparency wouldn’t have affected the price and he chose to dig in and be disrespectful. Many overlooked that for the “chance to own pretty chips” fearing that if they agreed with the few of us with legit questions their chance would be shot.

extracted max pain on some chips.
I’ll disagree here. Pretty sure every single chip could have been higher at the time.

The market tanked hard. So yeah, some chips people will take a bath on if they want to sell asap. This applies across the board not just tigers.
I’m pretty sure there was a wide berth for error in ordering knowing that no matter how many the final number was every last chip would sell and at a profit even if the last of them were at auction or “on sale” which I doubt would have been the case.
I think you’d be surprised. There was no planned shortage of denoms. That is just actual stupidity. And if an unlimited amount was ordered then the next people to be pissed would be those that bought first and then the saw the same chips discounted a few weeks later. Someone will always end up pissed off about something. Always.

I can agree with your other sentiments tho and any disrespect was uncalled for.

I just love chips and a bit of variety. I have my preferences, but I'm also the scrub donkey that had a tough time selling my China Clays. Not a Tina guy though, surprised those are so popular among the Leaded TRK group, but again they're cool enough.

Still ultimately a lead-junkie. Give me this good shit:
IMG_9813.jpeg

Last edited:
Back