Nitzilla in Black Hawk

• Thread starter Thread starter nitzilla
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 82
  • Views Views: Views 2,145
I remember driving up to Blackhawk when I had to layover in Denver almost a full day
Not the most fun drive up that mountain and the poker was crap. I think all they had was one dollar limit or something insane at the time that was way back like maybe 2010.

I remember driving up to Blackhawk when I had to layover in Denver almost a full day
Not the most fun drive up that mountain and the poker was crap. I think all they had was one dollar limit or something insane at the time that was way back like maybe 2010.
We have progressed from:
1993-2009 $5 max bet on everything so poker was 2-5 spread limit
2009-2019 They increased it to $100 max bet, which basically allowed you to play 1-3-100 spread limit which played close to 1-3 NL but the 2-5-100 sucked…
Then in 2019 they went full no limit and we have a huge selection from 1-3 to 25-50 NL depending on the day

Went up to Bally’s yesterday for their noon tournament. I didn’t realize how late it typically runs. I ended up getting caught in the snow storm, and it took me 2 hours to get home.

At my high point, I had a stack of ~ 160,000 (from a starting stack of 40,000), but ended up finishing in 10th. Only the top 6 paid out. All in all, it wasn’t a great experience. I should have just played cash.

pre game cash didn’t go so well. Hopefully I got my run bad out of the way…..
IMG_6037.jpeg

Well sorry, nothing worth reporting. Hit my high mark of +$300 early then it was all downhill and a -$600 swing to a loss of $300 after 8 hrs

It doesn’t help running a full house into a straight flush. That was rough and then just not hitting anything all day. :(

Sorry it wasn’t a ‘turn $400 into $1500+’ type of day….

Starting stack for $1/3 NL
IMG_6350.jpeg

Near high point
IMG_6351.jpeg

Back