Ordering Closed April 2024 Cap-Dash Hybrid GB NOW CLOSED

• Thread starter Thread starter Nanook
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 261
  • Views Views: Views 9,310
Ordering Closed
Sorry I meant for me hehe.

Love NCC’s history and TRK NCC is my unobtainable grail set.

So Im deciding whether to go Tina route or CPC route for an NCC set for myself.
Just let me know and I'll handle it for you ;)

Just let me know and I'll handle it for you ;)
Just throwing this out there, how about pink or light purple/lavender for the skirt/dress/platform? Majority of the sets would have more yellow 5s than pink 50c, just thinking about bringing another color in.

Just throwing this out there, how about pink or light purple/lavender for the skirt/dress/platform? Majority of the sets would have more yellow 5s than pink 50c, just thinking about bringing another color in.
Are we supposed to avoid using green btw?

904DA152-8456-4C26-944F-E689B7A099FF.jpeg

1540773061218.png

IMG_5991.JPG

IMG_7085.JPG

For my own references here:
- 50c lighter and blueier blue in quarter pie to differentiate from the 1's teal-ish blue
- Yellow 5s have green skirt so the green 25s have yellow skirt, but then the orange 100s have green skirt again

Hmmm...

Are we supposed to avoid using green btw?
I think that the idea of using something other than the "Green" Dress and Platform was to avoid a Direct/Exact copy of the original. Obviously "Tina" doesn't give a crap about any of that stuff, but some others do. No need to get into all that here...

I think that the idea of using something other than the "Green" Dress and Platform was to avoid a Direct/Exact copy of the original. Obviously "Tina" doesn't give a crap about any of that stuff, but some others do. No need to get into all that here...
Too many make a fuss about direct copies, who cares? There's a bigger problem if one cant tell the difference between these chips and the real deal. I usually leave out a small detail or something as a courtesy but as we know the guys at the CB will lambaste versus simply point out the difference! Not everyone can afford 4 racks of NCC TRK's!

Too many make a fuss about direct copies, who cares? There's a bigger problem if one cant tell the difference between these chips and the real deal. I usually leave out a small detail or something as a courtesy but as we know the guys at the CB will lambaste versus simply point out the difference! Not everyone can afford 4 racks of NCC TRK's!
The truth of it is that there are differences and if one takes the time to take good pics/look carefully you will notice that these all have an injection mold pimple, a gap created by joining the two ends of the rolling edge of the chip and they have a slight recess where the inlay is. None of these things are present on the originals. In addition to that, the material they are made from is entirely different and so is the manufacturing process. If someone wants/cares I am happy to put pics up of examples of this and then put a link to that thread in the OP somewhere. If that isn't satisfactory, then I can even put pics in the OP of what I am talking about. I not sure all of this is really necessary, but I am happy to to do it.

The way I look at replicas is that they should either look exact, or not at all.
I have some replicas (avoiding the word “tribute”) because I want them for my own enjoyment. I’m not trying to pass them off to friends as the real thing, or pretend that I have the originals. I just like having a playable set that looks like chips that will never be on my table, at any price.

Last edited:
Tina NCC.png

Here's a quick look at different combo of what I meant to differentiate colors.

The way I look at replicas is that they should either look exact, or not at all.
I have some replicas (avoiding the word “tribute”) because I want them for my own enjoyment. I’m not trying to pass them off to friends as the real thing, or pretend that I have the originals. I just like having a playable set that looks like chips that will never be on my table, at any price.
Echoing this, I would be very happy if we can keep them original as possible, so green inlay for 5s and 100s but yellow inlay for 25s.

Obviously "keeping them original" would not work for fracs/1s as they did not have inlays originally so I do like the yellow for 1s.

With that being said, how about 1s/25s with yellow inlay; 5s/100s with green inlay; and blue/black quarter pie for 50c:
Tina NCC 2.png

Last edited:
The minimum per denom is 25 but is it also multiples of 25?

Pending final NCC design, here would be my potential order:

Delivery by air
Inlay: NCC - Matte Inlay
50¢ - 200 pc
$1 - 200 pc
$5 - 300 pc
$25 - 60 pc (75 pc if must be in multiple of 25)
$100 - 40 pc (25 pc if must be in multiple of 25)
Total = 800 pc

Last edited:
Honestly open to whatever others think of too. I'd be open to having both 50c options and both options for all chips if others enjoy them too

Honestly open to whatever others think of too. I'd be open to having both 50c options and both options for all chips if others enjoy them too
We should keep this order to one design per denom. Otherwise I can foresee perhaps at some point either during production on Tina's side (while applying stickers) or shipping on the state side that chips get mixed up and then people who want the yellow insert got green and vice versa.

Here's another thought, with the pink/purple 50c having insert at 45 degrees, thoughts on rotating all of the quarter pies 45 degrees also?! Not unlike my avatar?

Also, the fracs have a pretty big space on the bottom. If we look at the original yellow 5s from post #68 without the person in the middle, there is New China Club in Mandarin Chinese that fills that void. Can we put that on for the fracs also? If not then move the denom a little lower like the $1 without the person design to center the denom within that space.

We should keep this order to one design per denom. Otherwise I can foresee perhaps at some point either during production on Tina's side (while applying stickers) or shipping on the state side that chips get mixed up and then people who want the yellow insert got green and vice versa.

Here's another thought, with the pink/purple 50c having insert at 45 degrees, thoughts on rotating all of the quarter pies 45 degrees also?! Not unlike my avatar?

Also, the fracs have a pretty big space on the bottom. If we look at the original yellow 5s from post #68 without the person in the middle, there is New China Club in Mandarin Chinese that fills that void. Can we put that on for the fracs also? If not then move the denom a little lower like the $1 without the person design to center the denom within that space.
We can do "New China Club" in Mandarin, yes! That's what I wanted to do, but I wanted to make sure that the characters are correct and not something that it wasn't supposed to be.

We can do "New China Club" in Mandarin, yes! That's what I wanted to do, but I wanted to make sure that the characters are correct and not something that it wasn't supposed to be.
Here is my quick dirty update incorporating moving the fracs down to split the void more evenly and eliminating other versions (I think both 50c and both $1 are great choices but I still think we should order just one final design for each denom):
Tina NCC.jpg

Back