Thoughts on Ultrasonic cleaning of chips?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 425
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 62
  • Views Views: Views 1,431
D

Deleted member 425

I've used an ultrasonic on chips with a couple different recipes but feel that all results seemed to "change" the texture or feel of the chip making it rough, almost pitted.

I have to say the results are bad and I don't think I'd buy chips cleaned in a US,

I’ve used it for bigger batches of older leaded THC’s and never noticed any ill effects. But I also go pretty light on the TSP (faux).

I prefer hand cleaning, the results are typically better, but hard on the hands after a while - lol.
Yeah I just don't have the patience for that

I hear ya, small batches - lol. I don’t really have a good set up for it either, so I’m standing the whole time which kinda sucks too.

A rack at a time is my max for hand washing.
I guess I started out with hand washing, warm water + Dawn, for fairly clean chips they worked fine obviously. But then I came across some super hooker juice and did not touch it at all. What do people use for very old/dirty chips? Oxyclean? But then some people said Oxyclean also changes the chips.

1710079846259.png
1 or 2 cups
1710079897925.png
1 cup
1710079934577.png
warm, almost hot. 2 gallons.

I soak the chips in the sink (Kitchen style) for 20-30 minutes then check. If not ready to easily clean soak another 20-30. Test a chip or 2 for inlay leaking as some shaped inlays and TRK inlays (for sure) leak. Also there is some Paulson reds and lighter blues, Tachi Palace $5's and Eldorado $1's for sure that irrecoverably change color, but, 98% of all chips I've done come just fine.
I'm making a video of my method and I'll post soon. 1 rack of extremely dirty chips takes about 2 hours but as you can see the results in the Chip Spa vendor area they come out great. Some chips are 95% clean just with the soak but a lil magic eraser and/or nail brush get's 'em like new!

View attachment 6882 1 or 2 cupsView attachment 68841 cup
View attachment 6885warm, almost hot. 2 gallons.

I soak the chips in the sink (Kitchen style) for 20-30 minutes then check. If not ready to easily clean soak another 20-30. Test a chip or 2 for inlay leaking as some shaped inlays and TRK inlays (for sure) leak. Also there is some Paulson reds and lighter blues, Tachi Palace $5's and Eldorado $1's for sure that irrecoverably change color, but, 98% of all chips I've done come just fine.
I'm making a video of my method and I'll post soon. 1 rack of extremely dirty chips takes about 2 hours but as you can see the results in the Chip Spa vendor area they come out great. Some chips are 95% clean just with the soak but a lil magic eraser and/or nail brush get's 'em like new!
Awesome thanks! Appreciate it!

I'm new to all these chemicals obviously, isn't TSP a "degreaser" also?

View attachment 6882 1 or 2 cupsView attachment 68841 cup
View attachment 6885warm, almost hot. 2 gallons.

I clean like 20 at a time
Straight detergent with oxi
Like 60/40 detergent in a big yogurt container
Soak 5 mins
Wash by hand with ultrasonic tooth brush
Done

66443962062__27C14774-8780-4083-8CB6-7E58C3BE12D3.jpeg

Back