Ordering Closed The Official “If you like TRK’s” ordering thread. Ceramic Cap-Dash Chips

• Thread starter Thread starter The Chip Spa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 301
  • Views Views: Views 7,564
Ordering Closed
I’m real interested to see how these turn out. The recessed area is super nice so we can do our own labels. I’m just curious to see how it actually looks when finished. I like how it’s textured though, hopefully that will help to reduce the spinners and also how slippery they can be. Once you’ve got yours I may order a set. One day Tina’s gonna figure out the Paulson formula they used in leaded chips and start knocking those off. That’ll be the day the chipping world imploded lmao
I’m surprised that they haven’t figured clay chips out. They did for a minute on those spirit molds. They were even nice chips other than that you can snap em into pieces with your fingers.

I remember the spirit mold chips...never seen anything like them since.
I’ve never been able to see those. I remeber some hobbyphilic vids if anyone has a single or barrel I’d love to feel them. I figured it was just super cheap China clay like majestics or the dunes commerative chips.
I’m surprised that they haven’t figured clay chips out. They did for a minute on those spirit molds. They were even nice chips other than that you can snap em into pieces with your fingers.
Yeah I’m shocked they haven’t figured it out either. They seem to be able to steal everything else except Paulson’s clay formulas lmao. They’ve even gotten some military blueprints.

Hopefully! Better GB than That Other Place’s “custom mold” where they voted. If the quality is good imma get a set of them. I think they’ll be similar to the RHC chips Tina has
1685234728755.gif

I’ve never been able to see those. I remeber some hobbyphilic vids if anyone has a single or barrel I’d love to feel them. I figured it was just super cheap China clay like majestics or the dunes commerative chips.

Yeah I’m shocked they haven’t figured it out either. They seem to be able to steal everything else except Paulson’s clay formulas lmao. They’ve even gotten some military blueprints.
Printing some things also seems to be a problem. The paper cards they print for $1 a deck are crappy, as are the plastic cards...I always thought that one day they will get it right and Bicycles will disappear from the market.

If the inlay sample they sent me is representative of their quality, I wouldn’t order them. I’m now told that the 40 cen number would include the inlay and installation. But the price doesn’t change if you don’t get them. (Yes. I know. I don’t get it either). I’ve been trying to get answered on art charges but believe there is no extra charges.
I ordered the plain mold hybrid chips about a year ago, and I thought the labels were very good quality. Did you get sample labels that were different than these?
1685279606714.png
1685279629836.png

1685279652028.png
1685279673989.png

Agree. The chip artwork and the label artwork was submitted separately when I did it (i.e. chip printing and label printing are totally different processes, obviously).
Good to know. I still need to figure out artwork and which set I want to do. Or how many ha. I need to stop coming up with ideas

I haven’t seen the smooth shiny label option. I’ve heard of it, just never seen it.

If it’s anything like the SunFly labels, though, I wouldn’t want them. I hate those labels.

Last edited:
Yep. That’s the label.
Yep. That’s the label. Or you can get smooth shiny. The one she sent was way bigger than the recess area. Not horrible. But not gear either.
So did she send you a label separate just to see what it was? @Himewad yours were installed by Tina correct? Just want to make sure they weren’t sent separate and you put them on.

So I guess we need to specify if we want the shiny labels or the textured? Textured all the way.

just want to make sure what info we need to provide to make your life easier Danny ha.

So did she send you a label separate just to see what it was? @Himewad yours were installed by Tina correct? Just want to make sure they weren’t sent separate and you put them on.

So I guess we need to specify if we want the shiny labels or the textured? Textured all the way.

just want to make sure what info we need to provide to make your life easier Danny ha.
My labels were produced and installed by Tina, yes. They even sent extra labels, which I thought was a nice bonus.

She calls them shiny or frosted. @Himewad is that your experience with her?

@SkipChipowski the spec for these chips is a 1” inlay size. Just like real TRK’s. I asked her what the requirements were to order the inlays from her.

Again @Himewad is that your experience send the art for the inlay separately.

She calls them shiny or frosted. @Himewad is that your experience with her?

@SkipChipowski the spec for these chips is a 1” inlay size. Just like real TRK’s. I asked her what the requirements were to order the inlays from her.

Again @Himewad is that your experience send the art for the inlay separately.
Yes, that’s what I did almost a year ago. One AI file for the chips, and another for the labels.

Back