How do you place a value on your collection? Do you insure it ?

• Thread starter Thread starter The Chip Spa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 46
  • Views Views: Views 527
I have a vault in my house. Well it is a 50 gun safe that doubles as a gun safe and vault for my chips. I am only putting the good stuff that can't be replaced in a year. I looked at a policy and safe was the cheaper way to go in the long run.
Don't mess with Paul.

I hid my stuff in the desert under a big "W".

highlight-photo_publicity-portrait-for_its-a-mad-mad-mad-mad-world_1963.jpg

:) Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Now an interesting idea
Yep 3 premium chips. Filed a report with Steve Pulumbo who was in charge of security and he really tried to help but it was not to be. It bothered us the entire show! Cheryl and I were really bummed. We just had bought them from Doug Saito's auction and I put them out on the display show case to price them and got distracted and noticed they gone a few minutes later. I promise you nothing feels worse!

Yep 3 premium chips. Filed a report with Steve Pulumbo who was in charge of security and he really tried to help but it was not to be. It bothered us the entire show! Cheryl and I were really bummed. We just had bought them from Doug Saito's auction and I put them out on the display show case to price them and got distracted and noticed they gone a few minutes later. I promise you nothing feels worse!
What was the end result?

just crazy that nothing came of it
Sometimes in life you get the short end of the stick. It was before Covid about
4/5 years ago - It wasn’t worth filling an insurance claim or bothering the club over. Total value of the 3 chips was around 2,500 -it’s horrible when you are violated as it feels lousy but value wise of the loss was not devastating as it certainly could have been worse. So we just ate it.

Back