$2 leaded TRK’s?

• Thread starter Thread starter The Chip Spa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 43
  • Views Views: Views 1,112
Those look like real dirty bitch’s of a chip!!
I got a few of these with a simple soak in a toxic agent with the chemical sign of h2o. Rubbed the paper down to just the smooth surface of the glue that remained. No time at all. I didn’t feel the need to get all the way to the clay, just to the surface that the label would adhere to completely as your not gonna see it anyway.

Hope that helps. I tried paper and linen inlays with chemicals and a friend told me I was wasting my time and only harming the chip, I doubted till I tried. These were easier than most and some were harder for sure.
View attachment 5139View attachment 5140
Label by gear with a different target chip used so the label is a tad small but adheres to the chip awesomely.
View attachment 5141
Now realize I went quick. If you soaked in warm water longer it does break the glue down further.
Well well...
I am all ears! What exactly did you use to soak em in?
You planning removing 18k inlays?
If I knew I could remove the labels reasonably easily I could save you the trouble by taking a few off your hands. To me those chips are very "ho hum" & I can easily pass if I know I can't get the labels off easily. If, however, I know I can get them off reasonably easily they are a lot more attractive. Lots of customs ideas could become a reality with those!

Well well...
I am all ears! What exactly did you use to soak em in?
You planning removing 18k inlays?
If I knew I could remove the labels reasonably easily I could save you the trouble by taking a few off your hands. To me those chips are very "ho hum" & I can easily pass if I know I can't get the labels off easily. If, however, I know I can get them off reasonably easily they are a lot more attractive. Lots of customs ideas could become a reality with those!
Water buddy. Water. In retrospect I’d say easier than any other paper label and NO NPR involved

Back