Wow. Another hoard found!!

• Thread starter Thread starter The Chip Spa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 44
  • Views Views: Views 750
Saw them last year but the truth is unknown from what I understand- about the the members feel they are legitimate and half think it’s just photos

Dave is a stand up guy and the thread is totally appropriate. I think the thread aptly points out the absurdity of hoard alerts. There is no way to verify them or check they are correct. The first try was an utter failure listing the Hotel Nevada $25 as a hoard when it clearly isn’t. They should use their limited resources on listing relevant chips and verifying submissions and NOT worthless hoard alerts or over 1500 of CPC trinkets. IMO
I agree- I call - let’s see them for real if they exist

Beauties but are they images or the real chips
I see where some have said they see them and actually held them, Krish is a PCF friend and Ive texted with him, he has his theories on all the speculation from some. I messaged him to point out the thread on CB where Sarles flat out called him a liar in public. Guess we shall see where that goes. I tend to agree with Krish that jealousy makes people say and do weird things.

As far as the hoard alerts, thats a bogus addition which jeopardizes the credibility and validity of the chip board. they should all be removed or proof of actual chips provided. Im not sure whos responsible for it but in the end the admin is responsible for the data that gets posted personally without insulation volunteer or not. Its obviously time for a re vamp at the chip guide TOS and Operations including management.

As far as the hoard alerts, thats a bogus addition which jeopardizes the credibility and validity of the chip board. they should all be removed or proof of actual chips provided. Im not sure whos responsible for it but in the end the admin is responsible for the data that gets posted personally without insulation volunteer or not. Its obviously time for a re vamp at the chip guide TOS and Operations including management.
I agree

Hoard alerts are made when a quantity of a chip has been found that significantly effects its value, there is no minimum quantity that defines a hoard. The ChipGuide aims to provide factual information for the benefit of collectors. Hoard alerts are typically made when a quantity of a chip is up for sale or auction. When up for sale, unless otherwise stated, the chips are assumed to be genuine, then a hoard alert can be issued. I am not weighing in on whether a hoard of the Sands SCROWN chips exist, because not enough evidence has been provided. However, the ChipGuide has been updated to indicate the possibility of a hoard, based on the image. If they were for sale, it would be a different story. Bring the hoard to the convention in June and it can be verified there.

Hoard alerts are made when a quantity of a chip has been found that significantly effects its value, there is no minimum quantity that defines a hoard. The ChipGuide aims to provide factual information for the benefit of collectors. Hoard alerts are typically made when a quantity of a chip is up for sale or auction. When up for sale, unless otherwise stated, the chips are assumed to be genuine, then a hoard alert can be issued. I am not weighing in on whether a hoard of the Sands SCROWN chips exist, because not enough evidence has been provided. However, the ChipGuide has been updated to indicate the possibility of a hoard, based on the image. If they were for sale, it would be a different story. Bring the hoard to the convention in June and it can be verified there.
What is the verification of said hoards and their actual existence. As far as anonymous submissions, the should NEVER BE ACCEPTED.

Verification is made typically from actual sale information. For example ... "200 chips were offered for sale on eBay June 2023."

Thanks Charles

Here???? No alert of any kind.......

Updates are made to the ChipGuide throughout the day by admins on the development system. The updates are applied to the production system, the version that is available to the public, overnight at 3am Eastern time. You will see the updates tomorrow.

Again, while I do not necessarily object in theory to the "hoard" alert, I feel to publish this information from unconfirmed sources or even anonymous sources with nothing other than an eBay sale is irresponsible to do given the fact that there seems to be great concern regarding "Fakes" or "counterfeits" To protect the integrity of the guide I believe there should be a verification method to this reporting, and the supplier of said information should have to provide proof of said hoards existence and as the supplier of said information be required to identify themselves and the source of the information they provide. Simply stating that "we believe there is a hoard" or "suspect there is a hoard" is damaging to the credibility of the chip guide.

Let me just use the Felix's chips I indeed own, the "Hoard Alert" states that nearly a rack were for sale and that the seller removed the rack from the place supposedly being sold and is now swelling singles on eBay. Is this true or speculation? based on this information the chips were downgraded in value in the Chip rack book by 1/2, now I don't care about the downgraded value in the book because the stated values in the chip rack are usually wrong, not seemingly valued by past sales but by speculation and conjecture. I do agree with the fact that the value of a chip is determined by what the buyer and seller agree to and that most high value chips are sold privately and not reported to anyone statistically. After the "downgrade in value" I've seen the Felix chips sold on eBay, not by me for $700- $800 with a book value of only (now) $300.

In the end these hoard alerts are of NO USE unless the evidence of their existence is from a publicly reliable and identified source, and the true existence of said hoard verified beyond the shadow of a doubt or the alert is simply malicious in nature and subject to scrutiny.

All that said, If you want a certain chip from me I cannot accept arguments that come from any alerts on chip guide or value placed in chip rack, in the end if I wont sell a chip priced at $800 for $300 one would simply have to go without said chip or keep up their search for said chip till they find one in the condition, price and availability they want which may be never.

In the end I believe that the hoard alerts published are invalid, useless without verification and authenticity and a pure waste of resources in time and effort, but that's just my opinion and we all know about opinions. In the end it is malicious and unfair to place these alerts without full disclosure of the source and proof of their existence along with verification that the chips are real or you're just influencing the value of said chips, the more its argued the less the guide is relied upon for substantial, real and reliable information.

Again the onus is on the one publishing data on the chips to prove they are not spreading fake news.

I can't imagine how many collections have been impacted by these alerts unverified. also making high value collections uninsurable by virtue of the value basis being diluted by this unverified information.

1684767400849.png

Again the onus is on the one publishing data on the chips to prove they are not spreading fake news.

I can't imagine how many collections have been impacted by these alerts unverified. also making high value collections uninsurable by virtue of the value basis being diluted by this unverified information.
For the record ... until now, no one has ever questioned the authenticity of a HOARD ALERT. Saying that a quantity of chips were for sale on eBay at a certain time is a statement of fact.

For the record ... until now, no one has ever questioned the authenticity of a HOARD ALERT. Saying that a quantity of chips were for sale on eBay at a certain time is a statement of fact.
Also for the record, In today's world, I question everything, and Im sure Im not alone. A quantity of chips sold on eBay should come with the attached evidence, like the paid sold listing image. After all its the internet, nothing stops a person to selling a friend at a high price from purchasing from them through either a second account they own, (Yes believe it or not this happens) for something that may or may not be real to affect future sales prices. All I would request is transparency and accountability for published data to be considered credible.

Back