What's your go to cleaning agent?

• Thread starter Thread starter The Chip Spa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 15
  • Views Views: Views 280
I've been using quickNbrite since I bought it from amazon.

Full concentration in the paste form with a soft toothbrush.. because it was supposed to be non abrasive like the Sterling's without expensive shipping...

It worked really well until I tried going on some really dirty faces and it definitely took off some stamp :(

I like the magic eraser for edges and parts that don't get clean with the above method... but I dislike the chalky feeling after cleaning with it and the little pieces stuck in the mold and the flakes to clean up afterwards...

Detergent
66443962062__27C14774-8780-4083-8CB6-7E58C3BE12D3.jpeg

Then a Ultrasonic Toothbrush

All chips cleaned by hand

HS’s: Sterling’s Magic Cleaner - I’ve had good luck with it.
If you like Sterling’s it is available in jumbo tubs. on their website if you do a lot of chips. For smaller ones Spinettis is great.

Generally I just use Dawn in warm water with a 10-20 min soak and clean with generic magic erasers I buy by the bundle of 100. They’re about $20/100. I buy them on Amazon and look for the largest ones so I cut them in half.

Finally for Paulson only, I learned the hard way, for the most stubborn dirt I use a mix of TSP and OnyClean. Definitely use sparingly, quickly and in small batches as it will cause fading if not super careful.

If you like Sterling’s it is available in jumbo tubs. on their website if you do a lot of chips. For smaller ones Spinettis is great.
I’ve got like a 5 gallon jug - lol. They are a good outfit, family run. They are located about an hour outside of my home town (which I didn’t realize until I looked them up and called).

Talked to the daughter of the owner for a bit, they are good people!!

Then dawn pre-soak w/Magic eraser is also a goto, especially for non - HS’s.

I tend to use the Sterling’s on hot stamps with a tooth brush.

Back