Nope. You’re not flipping it to me after sniping me. Nope.

• Thread starter Thread starter The Chip Spa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 27
  • Views Views: Views 477

The Chip Spa

Forum Admin
CCA MEMBER
SNCCC MEMBER
Reaction score
Location (City, State)
Wisconsin
IMG_2166.png

But at this point, since you're near completion, you want the price high not drive it down. I know you're not likely looking to sell but still.

But at this point, since you're near completion, you want the price high not drive it down. I know you're not likely looking to sell but still.
Painful balance!

With some chips yes If you're one to hold chips for resale, But with the chips in your set that are staying for keeps No......

I believe that those that buy chips because they know who wants them or to keep as "Trade bait" hurt collectors like myself but everyone has their ideas. Kind of funny as buying and selling chips isn't adding to anyone's 401k.

When I sell chips its purely for the fact that they don't fit in a set, bought with other chips to get the one I want, or an abandoned project, I don't usually put markup on them and usually sell below current "Market Value". We seem to have the oddest pricing in any hobby I've seen. When Windy dropped out I figured the market would correct but I guess lately there's always a wind walker around paying more for things .

Fortunately I am only trying to fill some random racks to either cushion sets or complete.

I don't mess with selling too much on eBay as its a pain in the ass, naturally don't sell on orange as banned (but word travels between) and really only list here knowing our membership is low, but low doesn't mean much to me as our membership is "Blue Chip" and I really don't consider it like the orange bulk chip mall.

When I finished my Claim Stake set people were telling me things were pretty solid due to what the $25s sold for on Ebay in the last ~6 months to a year. I was like "too bad they ever got that high in the first place; not like I'm selling them". If they appreciate so be it, but I have no interest in inflating the price myself for something that I'll always own.

Back