• Replies Replies: Replies 26
  • Views Views: Views 387

RivieraDanny

Staff member
Forum Admin
Reaction score
Location (City, State)
Wisconsin
@Leo822 maybe you have some insight? What are these posts scattered around the C64 Chip board?
chipboardjunk.jpg

Spam and Bots that litter their unsecured website. Reason why many people there get their email and other things hacked. If you use that same email for other accounts like banking or credit cards then you have a good shot at having your accounts hacked there as well. Shame they don't update their site. But hey it's modern and safe here! Nice Job Danny.

Spam and Bots that litter their unsecured website. Reason why many people there get their email and other things hacked. If you use that same email for other accounts like banking or credit cards then you have a good shot at having your accounts hacked there as well. Shame they don't update their site. But hey it's modern and safe here! Nice Job Danny.
Man Now i have to take my email off there!! Yikes! Thanks E Im always researching ways to keep it fresh and SAFE above all! as always you're help along the way is invaluable!

Last edited:
I did get a reply from someone there who explained that once and a while some spam gets through the "filters", I am not familiar with the platform they use for that board but there's almost as much of the "Spam" and unrelated stuff on there as there is chipping stuff.... The Xenforo cloud platform doesn't get all that in fact in the cloud version nothing unrelated gets through unless posted by a verified user, I get quite a few "Bot" warnings and all IP addys are referenced and checked against spam etc. If by chance someone does spam away there's always the delete user function! :alien:🤖🤖🤖. All the updates and safety and security is updated twice daily and automatically and the fee to keep the site up isn't that much which is why I decided to keep it FREE.

Yea done with that too.... I guess asshatery is acceptable in todays society.. Or hes got pictures of people... hahaha

I hadn't been on The ChipBoard in years until yesterday.

I can't believe the way it looked. Reminds me of a website made on Geocities in 1999. Wouldn't be surprised if that is who hosts it still if Geocities is even still a thing ha.

Lol
Yeah you might wana search for someone competent

Re: It Has Happened
By:Jerry Vergatos <Show E-Mail>
Date: 4/15/23 9:29 am
In Response To: It Has Happened (Charles Kaplan, LM-115-148)
Scott,
As a past Board member of the MoGH, I can certainly relate to many of the posts on this thread. To clarify your comments the Mogh Chaiman is elected by the MoGH Board of Directors and then the CCA Bod ratifies the choice. At the last MoGH meeting that I attended where we were electing MoGH officers, I specifically asked Charles what were his plans once he became Chairman. I got no response except for the deer in the headlight stare.
The MoGH does need to replace him as I have stated many times in the past. I had many run in's with him as he believes this is his exclusive domain and his actions cannot be questioned. He does reasonably well with some of his duties but does not have any idea what the future of the Club and the Hobby entail.
The MoGH is dormant at this time due to his lack of leadership. I believe that the position should be voted on by the Club membership.
Jerry Vergatos LM 8093-241
MoGH Life Member 0001
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S7U9BPax23aiMfkZsz8laovyLo2dw_Po/view?usp=sharing

Do you really want me to detail this...that someone didn't do what they were supposed to and...ok, lets us start at the beginning. In 1950 the head of the nevada gaming commission said in a bar that..........................
No, but you know more than I do being with the club alot longer than me and I didnt go into the wayback machine to see all that nonsense... I only know my interactions with him..... Sounds like your saying he's a lot like Kaplan... :(

Tryin to keep things as positive and oasis like here! lol!

Something like this I guess.... The images speak to my perceptions anyway....

Back