Jerry Vergatos

SNCCC STAFF
CCA MEMBER
SNCCC MEMBER
Reaction score
Location (City, State)
Surprise, AZ
Greetings, Club Members and Friends

I especially want to welcome our newest members, who signed up at the recent CCA Show. We had a fantastic Membership drive. We were able to increase our membership by 55 members. We signed a Life member and many new members including a high percentage of residents and renewed some expired memberships.

As of August, our upcoming Fall Collectibles Show is sold out. We have 65 tables booked. Our show will include many facets of the collecting community and we are excited by the possibility of this becoming a premier Las Vegas event. We are still taking applications as we may expand into a larger space. Don't hesitate to contact me at verqatos@msn.com for more details.

I am happy to announce the appointment of Tree Shields, who has accepted the appointment as our new Director-at-Large #2. Our board looks forward to working with her as she transitions into the position. Additionally, I have appointed Steve Cutler as Advisor to the Board for his advice and experience. Although he is a non-voting member of the board, I feel he has a wealth of knowledge that is most beneficial to the growth of our Club.

We have made arrangements to have our August monthly meeting at Jackson's Bar and Grill located at 6020 W Flamingo Rd, Las Vegas. We have received many requests to have such a venue that provides food and beverages and hope this may be popular with our membership. The room is free of charge providing that some food/drinks are ordered. There is no set limit for purchases, just a request for patronage. We have the room from 4:30 pm till 8 pm. This meeting will be on a trial basis for August only.

This month's Speaker will be Geoff Schumacher, Vice-President of Exhibits and Programs for the Mob Museum. A long-time friend and member of the SNCCC will be speaking about the recent artifacts acquired at the Museum.

I hope to see you at the August meeting. Please stay safe and healthy

Jerry Vergatos
President
SNCCC
vergatos@msn.com

Back