SINGLE CHIP AND SET COLLECTORS UNITE. A START!

• Thread starter Thread starter RivieraDanny
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 15
  • Views Views: Views 338

RivieraDanny

Staff member
Forum Admin
4/10/2024 Chipper News:

Last night the first official reach out meeting via zoom was done. Representatives from different styles of the hobby had the first of what we hope can be a regular communication between what we call the "Sets Collectors" and the "Singles Collectors".
I will report back on how things went and the items discussed. PokerChipper.com wants to know if you attended and your take on the zoom if you did, so reach out via PM or text, a phone call or a letter to me and let me know what you thought!
As reported to us by members of the CCA the initial approach was to meet with the "guys from PCF" and have a separate meeting with the "guys from PokerChipper.com", At the time of this report I am hoping to change that focus to dialogue between representatives from Sets and Singles as I (personally) don't think that there should be a drill down separation of, for lack of a better term, "Factions". This is OUR hobby and we should be united as collectors and not "judged" or separated by what social media site we prefer.

While there may be some kind of personal waves between the Admins of certain forums, that should not have a place in serious discussions between the members of the hobby in an attempt to unite and join ALL members. The central plexus of the hobby should be the CCA and the forums and selling sites specific to the hobby be simply branches. No matter what your collecting style, Your media intake preference for the hobby, you should stop by the CCA site and see what's going on in general on all the platforms.

My theories on building and uniting the good people of the hobby and their styles is just that, my theory and I will expand on that here on The Chipper and in all dialogues across the hobby. Stay tuned to PokerChipper for my take on that and so much more!

Thanks for reading and .......

Happy Chipping!
Dan M.
R-9148
or as GeorgeD would say...... Troublemaker! :ROFLMAO:
POKERCHIPPERLOGOAAA.png

I attended the meeting with a pokerchipper.com hat on :) it was not a political statement, I just needed a hat :LOL:

I felt it was a good first meeting, really an intro to how the club wants to make itself relevant to new collectors (of all types).

Everyone on the call was very positive, reasonable, and open.

A “set” display at the contention was brought up and I think that’s an amazing idea. I’ll be bringing a couple and I hope other folks join me.

I’m bringing my trip set. Kind of fitting. Remember tho that they have no way of securely displaying a large set so unless you figure that part out before hand or plan on babysitting it the whole time.

Unless all of us bringing sets take a table and take turns guarding the sets. Not sure how that’ll work @cpiaaq

They explained there were extra locking display cases that the sets could be put into. They just need to know they need to bring them.

I'm willing to do some babysitting, and I'm hoping some others are too. Trustworthy dealers could keep an eye on them. It was initially suggested they be displayed behind the dealer tables..

If someone is staying at south point, we could secure them in their room when they can't be babysat. The convention floor may be more secure than a room. I don't know.

It could be an impressive display.🤷‍♂️

They explained there were extra locking display cases that the sets could be put into. They just need to know they need to bring them.

I'm willing to do some babysitting, and I'm hoping some others are too. Trustworthy dealers could keep an eye on them. It was initially suggested they be displayed behind the dealer tables..

If someone is staying at south point, we could secure them in their room when they can't be babysat. The convention floor may be more secure than a room. I don't know.

It could be an impressive display.🤷‍♂️
Agree, Ill ask again about that. Not sure why they want a separate zoom call with PCF and Chipper but If you'd like to attend again I'd welcome that!LOL
The'll be surprised to see some of the same faces as I told them they might! Its not a PCF Chipper thing Its a Sets Singles thing.

Agree, Ill ask again about that. Not sure why they want a separate zoom call with PCF and Chipper but If you'd like to attend again I'd welcome that!LOL
The'll be surprised to see some of the same faces as I told them they might! Its not a PCF Chipper thing Its a Sets Singles thing.
I'm happy to attend, when is the meeting?

I attended the meeting with a pokerchipper.com hat on :) it was not a political statement, I just needed a hat :LOL:

I felt it was a good first meeting, really an intro to how the club wants to make itself relevant to new collectors (of all types).

Everyone on the call was very positive, reasonable, and open.

A “set” display at the contention was brought up and I think that’s an amazing idea. I’ll be bringing a couple and I hope other folks join me.
Interested in another ??

Back