POKER TALK Poker Players?

• Thread starter Thread starter The Chip Spa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 4
  • Views Views: Views 292
POKER TALK
I was playing a cash game at the Gold Coast about 12 years ago (when they had a poker 'room' there.....
This guy was in a hand and said to the other player in the hand: "I have a small pair, can you beat a little pair" and then pulled a small plastic PEAR out of his pocket and placed it over his cards...... it was pretty funny, especially since it was ~5:45am and we'd been playing for ~8 hours.
Never seen that since, but whenever someone says they have a "small pair" I always think of that guy and his small pear............

I was playing a cash game at the Gold Coast about 12 years ago (when they had a poker 'room' there.....
This guy was in a hand and said to the other player in the hand: "I have a small pair, can you beat a little pair" and then pulled a small plastic PEAR out of his pocket and placed it over his cards...... it was pretty funny, especially since it was ~5:45am and we'd been playing for ~8 hours.
Never seen that since, but whenever someone says they have a "small pair" I always think of that guy and his small pear............
that's a pretty funny and cool story

Playing NLH at the Luxor in 1998. 2-3 players post flop. The flop is AKx, rainbow, two players head to head bet raise, re-raise and call. Turn is a K. Instant all-in and call. River is an A. First guy shows pocket Aces, second guy throws in his pocket K's and nobody could stop him before they hit the muck... true story.

Back