The Chip Spa

Forum Admin
CCA MEMBER
SNCCC MEMBER
Reaction score
Location (City, State)
Wisconsin
IMG_4491.png

Looks like he’s just trying to move leftovers and unwanted racks. The problem will be his pricing. He had Nanook murder shittons of ncvs for relabel as other harder to find Tiger denoms. He should just auction those off imo.

Looks like he’s just trying to move leftovers and unwanted racks. The problem will be his pricing. He had Nanook murder shittons of ncvs for relabel as other harder to find Tiger denoms. He should just auction those off imo.
Looks like sets.

Yah racks he couldn’t sell so relabel them makes them better?
Did he even sell anything??
Amazing if so
Anyone who agrees to murder chips for him for that scamjob I mean I guess still pitiful.

BETTER THAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only $10 a chip for, new, mass produced 7-9g stuff, Sounds about right!
I mean i have some crummy 1990's leaded TRK's with telephone numbers on them in limited quantity and I'm told they're worth all of $2 - $3, makes perfect sense.
1702784327208.png

Nah. I don’t fault anyone involved. I think he turned some red ncvs into $5s for example. I’m simply suggesting those chips would move if he simply put them up for auction. Not like he hasn’t made enough already.

I just looked at that thread for the first time. Looks like he sold a couple of barrels and not much else. He’s really trying to get every last drop out of those chips. I wonder how much he really has left.
Im sure just what he thought he could fake folks into some kind of perceived "Rareness" to extract MaxPain once again, Probly thought hed be able to get more but that was a fail!!!

The level of smarmy in this hobby can be astounding. Sets or single don’t matter. It’s a people thing. So many nice people conned by a few bad ones
It was my impression the original sale prices were set to be less than zesty RPC pricing (not difficult) but not at cost in order to discourage flippers. Ultimately I feel it was a successful strategy. Some chips became sought after (sec $1, pri $5, sec $25, pri $100) and I know these racks traded hands at well above Ken’s pricing.

What I don’t get now is why the pricing on the other chips refuses to come down. Take the primary $2s for example. I bought a rack at $12/chip ngl and I relabeled them into $25s. The last rack on offer only moved for less than current ansking and I would personally not consider getting a second rack for more than $8/chip. Just adds to the daily deluge of “bump” updates I have to sort through. Some have had 2-3 different threads of bumps over months now. Different topic/problem I guess.

I really liked my Tiger set as it looked pretty amazing (I like bright and vibrant) but I ran like shit every time I put that set into play. Finally said screw it and sold it. I probably would have kept it otherwise. Pricing was a bit high though so that helped me convince myself to sell it. That plus I have so many sets behind that I'd rather get into play. I think all my other sets have a lower value than that set at market pricing, but sentitmental value is higher (espeically since I can actually win with them!).

I really liked my Tiger set as it looked pretty amazing (I like bright and vibrant) but I ran like shit every time I put that set into play. Finally said screw it and sold it. I probably would have kept it otherwise. Pricing was a bit high though so that helped me convince myself to sell it. That plus I have so many sets behind that I'd rather get into play. I think all my other sets have a lower value than that set at market pricing, but sentitmental value is higher (espeically since I can actually win with them!).
Ever find a Bahamia set?
I never saw if the one dudes markup sold

Ever find a Bahamia set?
I never saw if the one dudes markup sold
I thought about a Bahamia set because I enjoyed the theme of the chips but never pulled the trigger. I heavily considered the set that Hornet bought, but I already had a giant inlay PNY set so didn't want to jump into another. At this point I'm still looking over my remaining sets/racks and looking at places I can trim down to a more reasonable number. Ideally 5-6 sets is enough but we all know how that goes... (multiply by at least two?)

Back