• Views Views: Views 184

The Chip Spa

Forum Admin
CCA MEMBER
SNCCC MEMBER
Reaction score
Location (City, State)
Wisconsin
A lot, if not most, players shuffle. To me it becomes a bit annoying. Do you shuffle?

<iframe width="780" height="439" src="
" title="How To Shuffle Poker Chips - Live Poker Basics Tutorials" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I shuffle but occasionally not incessantly. There have been some games I've watched online where everyone was shuffling at the same time and it was so loud and annoying. It's not as bad with Bud Jones, B&G, Matsui etc because the tone isn't as high pitched...its more muffled or muted.

I shuffle every second I'm at the table. Even when I'm home, I've always got a shuffle stack at my desk. Shuffling is like 90% of the reason I like chipping.

Sometimes, usually when not in a hand. But no real rhyme or reason, it’s sporadic. If I think someone is looking for tells, I’ll intentionally use it to mess with them (among doing some other stuff - lol).

I shuffle at random points during work just because I have stacks of chips all around me. Generally pick a few samples of the last ceramic order someone did and then shuffle those. I won't worry about shuffling the nicer chips we've got here.

I stopped shuffling when in a hand after someone mentioned that I shuffle quicker when I have the nuts...

"The shuffler he shuffles his chips, the more in trouble I am... Whatever let's run it I call."

I had top boat.. :ROFLMAO:

I won't worry about shuffling the nicer chips we've got here.
Thank Goodness Drinking GIF by Busch

Sometimes, usually when not in a hand. But no real rhyme or reason, it’s sporadic. If I think someone is looking for tells, I’ll intentionally use it to mess with them (among doing some other stuff - lol).
I stopped shuffling when in a hand after someone mentioned that I shuffle quicker when I have the nuts...

"The shuffler he shuffles his chips, the more in trouble I am... Whatever let's run it I call."

I had top boat.. :ROFLMAO:
I've noticed you don't really see a lot of top older pros shuffling chips anymore.

Maybe it's because of tells or something or maybe it's because they don't like the way the new chips feel/shuffle/sound compared to the leaded variety ;)

I shuffle my HotRod chips...

Usually the $5s or $25s - because I fucking looooooove them!

Kind of weird you brought this up. I used to shuffle chips, but not even thinking about it, I stopped at some point. I didn't even think about it until I saw this thread. Now I'm so into playing the game, analyzing hands (to hopefully play better) that my mind is busy with that, so I guess that's why I unconsciously stopped shuffling chips.

I do shuffle chips at the table, I would say likely around 50% of the time. Seems I shuffle more when I'm not in the middle of a hand.

Back