ANNOUNCEMENT At the request of many I've.......

• Thread starter Thread starter The Chip Spa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 8
  • Views Views: Views 223
ANNOUNCEMENT

The Chip Spa

Forum Admin
CCA MEMBER
SNCCC MEMBER
Reaction score
Location (City, State)
Wisconsin
Opened commenting on the classifieds items. The main reason I didn't initially was to avoid the thread crapping that goes on at times. There is specific "Buy" and "Ask question" buttons in the listings.

I ask that you be respectful in others classifieds listings as I don't want the mods or myself to have to handle reports or "clean up on aisle 5"'s, you always have the option to scroll on by if you're not interested. Also this wasn't added so someone can ask publicly "Are these the chips you bought on eBay for $1"?

We'll see how it goes.

Thanks!
DM

over/under on Ryan Gosling memes posted set at 7.5/week
Excuse Me What GIF

More and more mention of moderation... hmmm. I would think if anything this is one of the major issues that members of other places would like changed... if someone is acting in a shady manor, known to have bought chips for significantly less, falsely advertising that which they have... personally I would prefer to see that which is called "thread crappinng allowed" we are all grown, do some people take it too far in particular situations... maybe even more so when not a fan of the seller? I don't see why those situations can't be dealt with as they are few and far between.

Most of the folks that have migrated are that of the better part of the hobby (old school members that operate with dignity and honor), I really don't see this being an issue but I also think when a forum is designed and intended to be "free speech" then it should be allowed! If someone is acting in a way that is shady I absolutely HATE that in other places users must bite their tounges or get a time out.. I for one have been out of grade school for almost 25 years now... have I been told to "act my age" since? Yeah... but censorship is absolutely disgusting in today's society!

Again deal with a bad apple if necessary, but asking people to add content... then limiting such... we could all just go and spend out evening clicking on complaints from old farts on the Chip Board... with an occasional sprinkled in over priced pile of singles to look through.

Just my 2 cents... what do I know...

The beardless pirate!

More and more mention of moderation... hmmm. I would think if anything this is one of the major issues that members of other places would like changed... if someone is acting in a shady manor, known to have bought chips for significantly less, falsely advertising that which they have... personally I would prefer to see that which is called "thread crappinng allowed" we are all grown, do some people take it too far in particular situations... maybe even more so when not a fan of the seller? I don't see why those situations can't be dealt with as they are few and far between.

Most of the folks that have migrated are that of the better part of the hobby (old school members that operate with dignity and honor), I really don't see this being an issue but I also think when a forum is designed and intended to be "free speech" then it should be allowed! If someone is acting in a way that is shady I absolutely HATE that in other places users must bite their tounges or get a time out.. I for one have been out of grade school for almost 25 years now... have I been told to "act my age" since? Yeah... but censorship is absolutely disgusting in today's society!

Again deal with a bad apple if necessary, but asking people to add content... then limiting such... we could all just go and spend out evening clicking on complaints from old farts on the Chip Board... with an occasional sprinkled in over priced pile of singles to look through.

Just my 2 cents... what do I know...

The beardless pirate!
It was a request not a demand

Freedom GIF by Reba McEntire

Well You know me when it comes to shady, Ill be the first one there! Again I didn't demand and I know with the users here it will be far and few if any in between. Just requesting a bit of courtesy where its due. But if shady fuckers come over, well, then it is what it is.

Its a bit of the golden rule, Don't be a Pinocha at chipper.

Back